The Old Town Festival will be returning for its 29th Year from 6 June – 13 June 2020 planning is underway so watch this space or like our Facebook Page for regular updates.
The Old Town Festival is organised for the community by the community by local volunteers and planning is already taking place for this year’s event. If you can help or want to book a stand please get in touch with the Old Town Festival via email@example.com.
The Festival Committee is planning some exciting changes to the format for 2020:
- Festival theme: VE Day – celebrating all things retro and marking 75 years since the end of World War Two
- VE Ball on the Lawns: Exclusive ticketed evening ball on the Lawns on 6 June
- New children’s fancy dress competition: replacing the traditional parade a new VE fancy dress competition will take place on the Lawns on 7 June
- Enhanced young people’s performance schedule: more slots, more acts and more opportunities for young people to show off their talents
- Larger children’s fun zone: including more activities for families to enjoy than ever before
- More local businesses: Costs of running a stall has been reduced to only £30 with no need for street licenses to encourage more local independent businesses to create an artisan market on Lawns on the 7 June. Charity pitches remain unchanged at £25
- Food Court: Larger, more varied food selection showcasing the very best of local produce
- Going Green: The Festival is committed to making this the most environmentally friendly year so far and will be announcing waste reduction initiatives over the coming months
The Old Town Festival is put on by the people of Swindon, for the people of Swindon. The Festival is organised and run by volunteers and is only possible due to the generosity of our local community – thanks for your continued support!